Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Loveliness 28

When I first thought about starting this blog, it was this loveliness that I imagined as Loveliness #0, the first and original loveliness. So it has taken 28 days to get to this, but in my mind and tummy it is no less awesome. Ladies, Gentlemen and all humans:

PORRIDGE.

(not a particularly flattering picture)

Yes, I love it and I am addicted. 
I am going to share my recipe for my favorite morning meal. 

INGREDIENTS
just less than 1/2 cup Large Flake Oats (not quick oats)
enough Red river cereal to make just over 1/2 cup dried cereal
1 and a bit cups of water
pinch of salt
1/2 apple, chopped
raisins, if you like them, and I do 
large pinch cinnamon
small pinch nutmeg

DO THIS NOW
Bring the water and the salt to a boil, add the cereal. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes, until most of the water is absorbed. Add the apple, raisins and spices, and cook some more. Maybe put a lid on and turn the heat right down, if you want to soften the apple a bit. When it has reached the desired consistency, remove it from the heat, cover, and let it stand for a minute or two (that way you won't burn your tongue!)

EAT IT
Serve topped with hemp seeds or ground flax, nuts, a bit of brown sugar and almond milk for an ultimate hippie treat. 

MMMMMMMMM
This makes quite a bit of porridge for one person, but I'm a champ and have no problem consuming all of it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum. Loveliness can be so tasty. Large flake oats, here I come!

    ReplyDelete