Tuesday, November 10, 2009

loveliness 319

I know I say this a lot, but it is great to meet interesting people. Especially when they are warm, funny, science-y, art-y and most importantly, open. And interested to know about homemade yogourt. (As an aside on that topic, last week someone said that anything you put on the internet is "like a tattoo". Shittttt.....  but back to my story....)

I also enjoy that strange synchronicity phenomenon. This morning, in my meeting with the afore mentioned amazing-people, the topic of the "Cabinet of Curiosities" or Wunderkammer came up. I had never heard of this idea before. Then later, reading a magazine while waiting for the optometrist, what should I see but a mention of this very concept (Toronto Life magazine likening the AGO's collection of small pieces to a cabinet of curiosity). Thinking about it now, I really love the thought of a collection of things without categorical boundaries (actually that is what I want to be when I grow up)! I suppose my little in-between Gallery of Funn is along these lines. And there is room for so so so much more.... stay tuned!

Oh, and the other thing that I wanted to record here is this: magic. This is mainly just so that I don't forget later that I am thinking about this now. But you should think about it too... I'm really intrigued by this idea right now because I keep finding things that I want to describe as magical, from the cabinet of curiosities to the white squirrel to homotopy (as seen in the video below).

No comments:

Post a Comment