Monday, December 14, 2009

loveliness 351

SATURDAY:

The birthday kick-off! It almost felt like my birthday what with a such a delicious beginning to P's birthday celebrations. A big festive brunch, followed by a shopping spree and then a frantic cook-down in the kitchen. Everyone should have this recipe: the 6-minute chocolate cake from the Moosewood cookbook. Don't be put off by the fact that it is vegan. It is a delicious delicious cake, if I may say so myself. And they aren't lying about the 6-minute part. I made a modification of the glaze using very dark chocolate and a shot of espresso, plus real vanilla of course. Mmmyum. It is 9:19 am. Too early for leftovers? Gotta go.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a fan of this cake. And you can make it when you don't have any of the usual ingredients in the house. And it stays moist and delicious for several days. It's a wonder-cake.

    ReplyDelete