Saturday, December 26, 2009

loveliness 363

THURSDAY:

A Christmas eve brunch with the Neeves!

Later, a quick trip to one of my favourite stores in all of Toronto: Value Village. I haven't been there in more than a year (shopping diet!!!!!), so it was probably good that we went with only one hour before they closed. I love all the colour and texture and history and possibility of the all that crap in there, it almost doesn't matter whether I buy anything or not. I'll probably go back in a few days.

I might say a little something about the shopping diet here. I really can't believe that it has been a year since it started (nor can I believe that 363 lovelinesses have passed by). But it has kept me away from VV and the malls for a full year, more or less. Of course there have been exceptions, and the *rules* always permitted certain practical things, like footwear (within reason) and exercise clothes (and I now have a lot of those).  In a sense though, I'm not sure that the diet really helped or changed me all that much. If anything, it almost made me more aware of the clothes that I was wearing, not less, which was part of the idea. But it definitely brought my attention to the fact that shopping can be a time-filling activity, and removing this as a Saturday afternoon possibility was pretty nice. At this point, I'm ready for some new (or new old) clothes, but I think that it'll be a more considered activity from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment