Monday, April 9, 2012

38 weeks

I was thinking back recently to the time in my early pregnancy (around Halloween) when I walked home from downtown Fort Collins carrying a pumpkin. I remember thinking that perhaps that is what it would feel like when I was more fully pregnant, and thinking that it was heavy and round. When I got home I weighed the pumpkin, and realized that it was only about ten pounds, which is probably roughly half of what I've got going on at the moment.
It is pretty amazing really then that I'm still feeling pretty good, although as is clear from the above, baby is sitting verrrry low. There is a lot of anticipation and expectation these days, but happily all the important details are in place (hurray for the return of the husband!). From now on all of the cleaning and redecorating and freezing food and finishing crafts is just bonus. 

Oh, and by the way, it was a greeny-white pumpkin with a big smile.

3 comments:

  1. Whooeeeee. Looking good. I am so excited for you guys. Life is about to be really really awesome. And hard. But mostly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heiko is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!!!
    Love him already - Auntie Sally

    ReplyDelete