Monday, April 23, 2012

40 weeks

Hey! It is April 23, my due date.
It is hard for me to even think about being pregnant right now, even though it was only 11 days ago!

Indeed these last 11 days have been a blur, in both a good and bad way. It has been amazing getting to know this little man. But it is also hard work, and not without quite a few emotional ups and downs for everyone involved.


It astonishes me to see how much Heiko has changed over these days. He is noticeably bigger, definitely louder, and starting to have more periods of quiet alertness.

OK, and he is starting to have longer periods of not-quiet alertness too. His appetite is increasing, and so is his double chin! Patrick tells me that babies just get fatter and fatter until they start crawling. Oh, and he is also so much stronger, his little grip and his strong legs. He is even starting to be able to hold his head up sometimes.


All this change is incredible, but I just can't believe how fast it goes. Add to it some sleep-deprivation and a husband who is still on the mend from a bad cold and there is the blur in a bad way.  All the more reason to try to record some of these moments here, I suppose. 

As for me, I'm feeling much better physically than I was. I'm starting to itch to go for a run and get back to a more active yoga practice, but in fact even walking tires me out these days. Still, I'm looking forward to lacing up the old runners when I'm feeling a little less squishy on the inside. But everything just needs to happen one day and one moment at a time around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment