Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mom + Baby yoga

Yesterday I went to my first Mom + Baby yoga class. Heiko was sooooo good. He was especially good because he wanted to nurse while the other mums did ab work. Heh. In truth I'm pretty eager to get my abs back. And by that I don't mean a six-pack (though that would be nice), I just mean some modicum of core strength. I've been feeling really floppy, and I was interested to note that in the days following my first postpartum run, by far the most sore part of my body was my abdominal area. But let's be serious, everything hurt.

I didn't know what to expect from the class, but it was quite lovely. We let the babies lie on some blankets while we did our active practice, and we periodically did some baby time. We also used the babies as weights sometimes. Heiko seemed to like it, so I'll cross my fingers that his tolerance will continue.

I've written about yoga a few times already on this blog (herehere and here). I still resist some of the yoga-isms, but I have to say that I really love it. I actually was all signed up for a teacher training, but then I ended up being pregnant and the timing was bad. It is still something I'd like to do one day, but we'll see. First step: abs. Next step: handstands. Then: who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment