Thursday, October 11, 2012

The first application

Last night I submitted my first job application of the season. I had forgotten how time-consuming it is to write cover letters and grovelling e-mails, not to mention CVs and research statements. But I wanted to apply for one job at least, as a warm-up and to get the ball rolling on other applications. It's a job that I'd be excited to take if for some random reason they decide I'm a good candidate (it is a real long-shot). But part of me feels that since have spent the time making an application, they should just give me the job, you know? I may have even frittered away some of the precious nap-time minutes this morning looking for an apartment in the job location instead of working on more applications. Bad me.

In more fun news, yesterday Sara, Heiko and I went for a lovely bike ride, hike and picnic to this place:

I remember that when P and I first visited Fort Collins, we did the same ride over to the foothills. We huffed and puffed over the tiny hills, while bronzed Coloradans jogged and biked by. Yesterday was a little similar in a way, as I was carrying both Heiko and my backpack. He had a rare snooze in the front pack.

We saw A LOT of ground squirrels. HAI guys!

Sara looked for pine nuts. Upon finding none, we settled for a picnic of camembert, avocado, and hummus sandwiches.
A good time was had by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment