Monday, December 10, 2012

That's a really big baby

Today I went to a yoga class where the instructor was really pregnant. She was like earth mama goddess type pregnant. Beautiful big belly pregnant. Glowy shiny skin pregnant. It took me right back to the round belly days, and I felt really connected to her.  I hung around after class to wish her well, and I told her that I had a little baby of my own at home. She looked at me and asked me how little. I told her that hard as it is for me to believe, my little guy is eight months. "Oh," she said dismissively,  "that's a really big baby."

Well, I guess so. I guess that is exactly what he is.  And while I still feel pretty close to pregnancy and birth in my mind, I suppose that a pregnant lady feels really far away from a crawly cruise-y eight month old baby. I understand that, since it is exactly how I felt before little H came along, and it is still how I feel sometimes about parents of slightly older children, like I'm looking at them over this gulf of months and experience and oldness.


I guess I keep writing about the same things here, over and over. The days slip by, and change happens so quickly. I flounder around trying to slow it down and record it and take it in stride all at once. But what is that expression? Time flies when you are having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment