Friday, April 19, 2013

Making cakes!

HAI!
Today I'm baking cakes for Heiko's b-day party on Sunday. I actually did a test run of the Heiko cake on his actual birthday last week. He liked it. A lot. It was sugar free, although dates sure have a lot of sugar in them, so he was wired (see below). Today I'll make the same cake again, with some high-altitude mods this time, and I'll also try my hand at the mega-rich Mako apple walnut cake for the grown-ups. Although I should mention that these grown-ups also enjoyed the Heiko cake.
Side note: have I mentioned this before? I always thought I'd be one of those people who didn't take pictures of their kid with food all over their faces, or at the very least, I wouldn't share those pictures. What happened to me? Add it to the list of things I thought I'd never do as a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment