Tuesday, January 14, 2014

13

First work day is done. I'm glad I spruced up the wardrobe on those Boxing Day sales though, since WPI seems to be kind of Fancy. It's all swishy swipe cards and high heels clacking on brick pathways.
 
Worcester is not a city for pedestrians, sadly. Everyone drives. Everyone. Luckily, I found a secret way to work. It isn't secret, it just isn't on google maps. I simply wend my way up the big hill then down the big hill, past a few schools, through the retirement residence, past the stopping-by-woods-on-a-snowy-evening section (above) on to the private road and then along the quiet streets where the rich people live. Then I arrive at work! I think I'll pack my own clacky heels in my backpack though, and strap on my yak trax for the commute. I'm not in flat flat colorado anymore!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment