Sunday, May 4, 2014

123

When I was just a round belly expectant mama, I thought that I would be a really artsy parent, always doing crafts and activities with my kid. But what I didn't quite realize back then is that it takes a long time for a child to really be ready for anything like that. Like years basically, unless you count strange activities involving adhesive paper and cotton balls as "crafts" (who is doing the craft?).
That and the quantity of mess is inversely proportional to the age of the child. (Favourite related comment from a mom-friend: "fuck fingerpaints").
Anyway, I finally called it on being lazy in this area, and ordered some paints. Crayons were not cutting it. So we've been doing "art". Potato prints and egg carton painting and making some marks.
And so begins the era of saving every beautiful scrap of "art" that H blasts out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment